Foundations of a healthy lifestyle include a balanced diet and regular exercise. However, these pillars of good health don't always lead to significant weight loss. Key vitamins and minerals that help you lose excess fat may be depleted, which is where lipotropic (lipo) injections assist in weight loss.
What are Lipotropics/weight loss lipo injections?
Regulating body fat is primarily performed by the liver. Lipotropics are essential amino acids that enhance the breakdown and metabolism of fat by the liver. These shots are not a form of “cheating” as they are not medications, but rather they are building blocks of our cells.
How do Lipotropic injections help lose weight?
Common weight loss lipo injections nutrients include:
· Methionine- antioxidant that helps break down fat molecules.
· Inositol- controls insulin levels and serotonin to stabilize mood and reduce hunger symptoms.
· Choline- metabolizes fats in the gallbladder and liver.
· L-Carnitine- increases energy levels and metabolizes fat.
· Vitamin B-12/B6- boost energy and mood
Are there any other benefits of lipotropic injections?
· Regulates hormones
· Improves digestive efficiency
· Improves heart health
· Liver detoxification
· Stronger nails and hair
· Helps increase concentration and clear mental fog
· Enhances the immune system
Where are weight loss lipo injections administered?
The Lipo shots are intramuscular (I.M.). They can be administered in the hip muscle, upper arm muscle, buttocks, or thigh muscle. Scars can be prevented by alternating injection sites.
How often can Lipo injections be given?
The boost of amino acid levels last for just about a week, so replenishing them to continue fat burning should be done at least weekly. Everyone's body is unique, the recommended dose can be increased or decreased depending on timing and funds available.
Are there side effects?
These amino acids are usually well tolerated. However, some temporary side effects could be headaches, lightheadedness, gastrointestinal discomfort, or allergic reactions.